By Paul Homewood
The CET numbers for 2013 are now issued. As I suggested in September, last year was the second coldest since 1996, second only to 2010, one of the coldest years of the last century.
Figure 1 gives annual means since 1980, with the 1981-2010 average. Figure 2 shows the 5-Year running average.
- Three of the last four years have been the coldest since 1996.
- The 5-Year running average has been falling steadily since 2006, and now stands at 9.78C. It has not been as low as this since 1990.
- CET in 2013 was 9.56C and was only the 55th warmest since 1900.
- Last year was also the 107th warmest on the full CET record, going back to 1659, tying with 1900.
- The full Met Office data for the UK is not out yet, but it looks certain…
View original post 50 more words